Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm exhausted!

I haven't spent one night at home this week. It's been great but I am soooo tired...

On Tuesday I walked to Michelle's place and we walked to Home Plus and got groceries. On our walk home we found the "Red Light District" - many little shops down an ally with women all dressed the same, wearing a lot of Make-up and high shoes, oh and little toy puppies dressed in the same outfits as them. I wanted a picture but thought I might get into trouble.

I went downtown on Wednesday night, met up with Michelle and Mike (another English teacher from Peterborough). We sat at WaBar and drank beer and had nachos, this other foreigner approached us and asked if he could join us - his name was Rob and he just happened to be traveling through Gwangju, he is the first foreigner that I met who is not teaching English here. We ended up at another bar called Wow & Joy and started drinking Soju - I have decided that this stuff is dangerous, it creeps up on you. It ended up being a really late, really drunken night... way too much soju for sure!

I felt pretty rough all day at work today and was practically falling asleep so I gave all my classes word searches to complete, win win - they loved them and they took little energy on my part. I wish I had text books...

After work today I met Jool downtown - we shopped around it was great! I really like her we made so many plans for things that we are going to do! Shopping, manicures, pedicures, hiking, jogging... Her boyfirend's parents have an orchard that she is going to take me to also. We met her boyfriend and his two friends for dinner - they don't speak much English so it is always fun trying to communicate with them. They told me one of their names is Tree - I guess his name translated to English means tree and the other is Uuunnng Sa - they kept stressing the "UUUUUUng" and then laughing really hard and kept wanting me to say it. I'm not really sure why but it's funny! We played a couple of drinking games. These guys are so responsible, they each had about 2 or 3 beers and then called for drivers for their cars - I was so impressed most people I know still drive after a few beers.
Other updates:

*For some reason I agreed to work Saturdays - I couldn't say no my boss is too sweet. So now I will be working Saturdays from 1:30pm - 3:30pm... could be worse.

*I found out that my American friend left - I wonder why... Haven't heard from him, I hope everything is ok. :(

*Wendy's mother invited me to the country with their family on Saturday to make rice cakes - this is one of the their Thanks giving traditions. I am looking forward to it!

I think that is all for now... write to me, I miss you all (most of you at least :P)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to be having that much fun! Love you.

charlie 1 said...

good job you are young, all that would do me in.

Alex G said...

I want photos of the 'Red Light District'! haha!