Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Strange Things

I stayed up too late last night. This morning I was woken up at about 6:00am by a weird loud clicking noise. I opened my eyes and noticed the back side of a strange animal, it was running across the plastic roof of my porch right outside my bedroom. This freaked me out, I am not sure what it was it had claws and a long bushy tail - that's all I got.

I woke up to a phone call at 9:50am and needed to quickly shower, in the washroom I was greeted by a huge bug - like an inch and a half huge bug. So many strange creatures today. I killed it - not good.

Just after 10:00am Mr. Kim took me to the Chosun University Hospital, on the way he told me that I need a photo of myslef - luckily I had an extra passport photo in my wallet. At the hospital I had to do a physical - this was interesting and cost me 150 000 won, all of the staff were very nice but spoke very little English. I first answered health questions, then was taken down the hall and given a dixie cup that I was told to pee in. I was put in a small bathroom stall, there was no toilet but a sort of urinal built into the floor. For the life of me I could not perform, luckily I had a bottle of water in my bag, I chugged it... still nothing. People came in and out, did their business... still nothing. The nurse came into check on me... still nothing. Someone came in and ran the water for awhile... still nothing. After about 25 minutes the nurse came back in and told me I would do it later. She then took me to another area, I was told to change into a robe. I was pressed againt a metal machine - chest x-ray. In the next area I was told to remove my top and lay down, the nurse put a clamp on each of my arms, one on each of my legs and a bunch of suction cups all over my chest. When this is done I am taken to another area, my blood pressure is taken, eye exam, height, weight, other measurements recorded and they took blood. The nurse stood me in front of the water cooler "drink". I drank about six cups of water took my dixie cup and went back into the stall, SUCCESS! I opened the little cupboard that I was shown to put the cup into and there are about 11 other cups of urine sitting there, good grief. On the way out I found out that I was supposed to have 2 photos for the physical, which I think I may have mailed to the school awhile ago - I will be taken tomorrow to get 5 extra photos.

I spent the rest of the day teaching - it was fun today I am starting to learn the students names. Highlight of teaching today: singing "Head and Shoulders" with the youngest class. They don't speak much english at all but got the song and loved it!

2 comments:

jenny from the box said...

For the life of me I could not perform...hahahaha...it's a tough life...but I love you anyways!!! I am still so excited for you!
I heart your blog!

Alex G said...

Oh the perils of performance anxiety haha!