We went to a small Doctor's office that was only a 2 minute drive away, we waited only about 4 minutes and saw a Doctor. Mrs. Kim explained to him that my throat hurt when I swallowed and that it was swollen. The Doctor looked down my throat, in my ears, then the nurse pulled the back of my shirt up and he checked my breathing - finally he told me I was normal, asked me about allergies and how my muscles felt. We were given a prescription and were out the door. So now I have pills that I need to take over the next three days along with some packages of some sort of liquid. I am not sure how I feel about all of this since this is something I would never do at home.
We got back to the academy at about 2:45pm, Mrs. Kim insisted on ordering me some Korean soup. I did my regular classes for the day and all of the children were told to be extra good because Jessie Teacher is sick - this just made them concerned. "Teacher, you are sick?" "Teacher is your body sick?" "Teacher are you ok?" they are cute but this whole thing was blown way out of proportion. I might just keep my mouth shut next time.
My last three hours on Wednesday are supposed to be conversation classes, today Mrs. Kim ccacelled them and sent me home at 5:30pm with my medicine, some pumpkin soup, my vegetable/rice porridge (which of course was accompanied by kimchi), and instructions to go to bed. My boss takes such good care of me!
The down side is, now I will feel bad if I go out tonight...
4 comments:
Hey Jessie,
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. As you said in your blog, you don't want to take the pharmaceuticals you got from the doctor. You must remember this home remedy: boil an onion with some garlic and ginger, strain and add a little honey and or lemon. Tastes bad it always worked for you guys.
You are always in my thoughts.
Love you lots,
Dad
Too much karaoke?
I should always remember to read your blog before I ask questions about your facebook pictures!!!
Sounds like a blast sista!
lots of L-O-V-E!
Senny :)
so funny, my coment says 7:19am...obviously Gwangju time!
Post a Comment